If you value your jewellery, you owe it to yourself and your collection to store it properly. Think how much easier it will be to find new jewellery when you already know what you have. Here're 5 easy tips to keep on top of your 'jewellery' mess :)
- Sort the jewellery by type: necklaces, rings, brooches, bracelets, and earrings. Create separate piles for any other unusual items like hatpins, jewelled barrettes, or anklets.
- Separate out valuable pieces or important family heirlooms. These should be kept in a home safe or safe-deposit box.
- As you sort, toss out any mismatches or hopelessly broken pieces.
- Look for a jewellery storage box, jewellery box, or jewellery organizer that will suit your needs.
- Put your jewellery away when you take it off at night, taking care to return it to its proper compartment.
- The annual review is the second key to jewellery organization. Spread out your collection once a year and weed out any broken jewellery.
- You should also get rid of jewellery you haven’t worn recently or don’t like anymore.
But Why do necklaces tangle?
Sometimes, small moves or improper handling can push the necklace more towards a disordered state. But even if you are very careful wearing and handling your necklace, it can still get naturally get tangled as we do move our necks a lot.